Support Services for Faculty
The chart below can help you identify the right place to start when you have a question or a request. This chart can be downloaded as a PDF or in an accessible version below. You will also find a list of resources when you wish to talk to a person for help and some resources that professors can share with students to answer common student questions about technology.
Need urgent or one-one help with basic Canvas questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Downloadable PDF of above chart: For Help, Where Do I Start?
- Accessible Word Document of above chart: For Help, Where Do I Start?
Help From a Person
- Faculty Facilitators Seven Academic Senate-appointed faculty facilitators who offer one-on-one faculty support with simple Canvas needs and online course creation.
- 24/7 Canvas helpline: 833-345-2892 (faculty line)
- Canvas Live Chat 24/7 for faculty (can access from Help button in Canvas)
- File a Canvas Help ticket under "Help" in Canvas menu
- Local Mt. SAC IT help desk call 909-274-4357, or email@example.com
I need help with...
|Help Need||Unit that Supports|
|Argos, Banner, equipment provision, Office 365, noninstructional technology, phones, Portal, website, website/document accessibility, wifi.||IT Helpdesk Support|
|Online class information, online services and programs,how to get started online||Mt. SAC Online|
|Schedule of training opportunities for faculty, transcript of professional learning, Vision Resource Center community and online self-paced training options (Lynda/LinkedIn training, Skillsoft, @ONE), FOMA Readiness questions, sign up for SPOT training.|
|Smartboards, classroom audiovisual equipment and training, captioning services, public event support|
|Information about student accommodations and accessibility opinions, including live captioners and sign language interpreters|
|Check my SPOT certification or when my SPOT recertification is due. Learn about SPOT and SPOT recertification|
Resources for Students that Professors Can Provide
- Tutoring for Students discover the many forms of academic student support including math, writing, and subject-specific supports, both online and on campus.
- Distance Learning Support for Students web resources for those interested in online courses at Mt. SAC.
- ACCESS request accommodations and learn about accessibility resources.
- Mountie Student Hub is a hub inside Canvas that gives students useful info on how to use Canvas and links to a multitude of support resources at Mt. SAC .
- Canvasadors (in Canvas) Peer Mentors on using Canvas and other learning technologies for students.